PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Faithful & Obedient



Since I am new to blogging many of you that are checking out my posts for the first time have no clue who I am or what has been going on in my life.  Well today I can fill you in a little!  People that know my husband and I know that we love kids.  In fact we love to give to kids and for Christmas purchased gifts for two families whose kids we love!  We would have done more but my husband was on workman's comp because the ladder he was on broke while he was on it 20ft in the air working. (Not a fun call to get while you are at work)  He was fortunate to only break is collar bone.  Anyhow, that is a story in and of itself!

Back to kids - Peter and I have been married for 5-1/2 years and almost 2-1/2 years ago decided that we were ready to start a family.  Unlike a lot of people this has not been an easy road for us.  Throughout trying I was laid off from my teaching job, brought back, had my hours reduced... story of many peoples lives right now.  This just added stress as if the entire process was not stressful enough!  Long story short we are still do not have any kids!  I have been tested Peter has been tested, and we are finally ready to embark on trying out fertility.  We went a few weeks ago to visit and talk with a Doctor in Grand Rapids.  Tomorrow (Thursday 3/1/12) will be my first ultrasound.  I have not had an IUI treatment yet, but tomorrow during the ultrasound they will be able to tell me how my eggs are looking.  From here we will be able to set up the first IUI procedure. 

Some of our friends know about this others to not.  I have been praying for faithfulness and obedience with whatever God's plan is.  I know that his plan is the perfect one and if we are able to conceive this way then that is awesome.  If he wants us to head down a different path then he will send us there.  Please pray that we are patient, faithful & obedient.  If you have ever been through fertility you can get very anxious so you know where my brain is at right now.

If you are reading this and have went through fertility either successfully or not I would love to hear about it.

6 comments:

  1. Joy (Minnema) CottrellFebruary 29, 2012 at 1:19 PM

    Jana.....You and Peter will be in my prayers. My husband and I went through some troubles conceiving as well. I often found myself questioning if this was the path that God wanted me to follow. I had troubles sometimes remembering that He has a plan and that I should be asking for what I want, but asking for the strength to accept God's will for me. I will keep you and Peter in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy - it is hard to remember that he has a plan. I can say it to myself everyday and then forget only hours later when something comes up. Take care - hope that everything is going well.

      Delete
  2. Love you sweet friend. and appreciate your willingness to share your heart here. Love u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too Chrissy - it feels good to write about how I feel, so glad that I started this.

      Delete
  3. thank you. thank you for sharing your heart. i am going to email you/facebook you. you are so loved.

    tonight i will begin to pray what you have asked for you and peter. kwhite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog Jana. I think about you and Peter all of the time, and remember feeling sad and frustrated as well. We have such a parallel story. Hoping your ending is the same as ours.

    ReplyDelete