PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, March 11, 2012

It felt like the first day of Spring!

Although today was not the first day of Spring it sure felt like it.  We also had some amazing days with beautiful temperatures during the week, but I didn't get to enjoy them much.  Today was just more special because it was Sunday, The Lord's Day, and it was beautiful!  My day started with a nice long walk with Celia.  I brought her to the park where she can just run off the leash!  The only bad thing is that since all the snow is melted it has uncovered all the little nasties that the geese left behind in the fall.  We call Celia a Dirty Girl because she is like a vacuum cleaner and just sucks everything up.  I got to keep my eyes on her so she doesn't do it, but it was still enjoyable!

After our walk Peter and I went to church where Pastor Jim delivered a great sermon on avoiding idols.  I would not do a good enough job explaining it, so here is the link to our church website and you can listen to it yourself!!  http://www.calvarygr.com/

We then proceeded to go home and wax my car before heading off to lunch at 12:30 with my parents.  It was a fun lunch because my nephew Case was there and he is just a little cutie.  He loves watching Celia, but can't pet her because he is super allergic.  He can say dog in his own cute little way and it just makes me smile!  His favorite book is even one about a dog!

My favorite part of Sunday's, besides attending church, is just relaxing with Peter.  I was able to take a super long nap, but when I got up since the weather was so beautiful we went for a bike ride without the dog!  We tried to get a picture of the both of us riding but it didn't turn out so Peter just snapped one of me!


After the bike ride we started making dinner which we decided was going to be one of our all time favorite Summer Meals - Beer Brats!  Although we didn't fire up  the charcoal grill they were still amazing and we had Peter's sister Erin over to enjoy them with us!

(before going on the grill)

Those are the highlights of my Sunday afternoon.  What did you do on you Sunday afternoon?  Also interested to hear what your sermons were about!

No comments:

Post a Comment