PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Eventful weekend

Quite an eventful weekend

Who doesn't love the weekend?  I especially love weekends that are full of fun ending with a lazy Sunday! 

My Friday night started with dinner at Rockwell's downtown Grand Rapids for my friend Erin's birthday.  It was so much fun to catch up with her and some others that I used to teach with.  Here is a picture of me with my favorite two Spanish teachers!


Saturday started off with a nice long walk outside with my baby Celia!  Then I got ready and headed out for breakfast with my sister-in-law Kara.  We were on a mission to plan my sister's bridal shower and bachelorette party!  We went to Wealthy Street Bakery and each had amazing danishes!  After we were done we did a little antique shopping.  I have been looking for a bench to go with my new dining room table and chairs.  The bench that came with the set was $500 and I thought WOW - I think I can find something else way cheaper.  Guess what I did!!  I found the bench below on Saturday for $35.  It is the perfect length and everything for my table.  Although I bought it re-finished already I will have to re-finish it again because the green does not go with my decor! I think that I will be leaving the top as is (because it matches my table) and staining the bottom black.  If anyone has any good techniques for staining furniture to make it look antiqued and rustic let me know!  Also in the picture below is a planter that I got after my grandma passed away.  I just put some stuff inside it right now that looks horrible, but that also needs to be re-finished and I am not sure how I want to do it yet.



After getting my bench on Saturday I went to buy material for a purse that I am going to make next weekend with some of my girlfriends.  Yes we are going to have a sewing party!  Here is a picture of my fabric selections - I will post a picture of the purse/bag when it is done!


Now Saturday evening - Peter and I were invited to a friends surprise party and everyone was to bring a munchie.  I decided to try something new that I found on Pinterest.  The carmel apple dip that I made was a hit and so easy I would do it again in an instant!  In the picture from Pinterest (below) they show it package very nicely for a gift, since I made it for a party I put it in a pie plate.  The ingrediants were 1 container of the T. Marzettis (not sure I spelled that right) carmel apple dip, 8oz. of cream cheese (I used light cream cheese because it is softer and I thought it would be easier to mix in carmel) and then lastly I topped it off with heath bar candy pieces.  It was really good and somewhat healthy right since I used low fat cream cheese and apples were involved!  Although the apple dip was good, it was fun to be with all our friends for an evening of games, fun and laughter! 


Finally Sunday - The Lord's Day came, which is my favorite day of the week, and we were able to go to church and worship!  Had great sermon on why it is important to use our spiritual gifts, and then a nice relaxing day at home.  Now I am off to bed to watch Glory Road with my husband.  Have a great night!




2 comments:

  1. Love that you are blogging a lot now! yeah! had a great time saturday! looking forward to sewing next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for this weekend, I am going to my moms on Thursday so that she can watch me cut out the pattern. I don't want to mess up. I have not found any buttons yet, but those don't go on until the end so it is not critical that I have them. Glad that Jake enjoyed Saturday it was fun to be with people from church and play that fun game!

      Delete